K9academy
Urinary Track Infection - Home Remedy K9acad10
K9academy
Urinary Track Infection - Home Remedy K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Urinary Track Infection - Home Remedy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

Urinary Track Infection - Home Remedy Vide
PostSubject: Urinary Track Infection - Home Remedy   Urinary Track Infection - Home Remedy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:48 pm

If your dog is having problems with holding urine it might mean that you are having problem with an infection. One can always go to a vet to get some antibiotics which do indeed help. However some people are iffy about this not only because of cost but because antibiotics can have adverse affects on the natural fauna of the dogs GI track. Here is one tip that has helped me with the problem:

Give your dog 1tbs of apple cider vinegar every day for a couple days, if you have a smaller dog and would feel safer with less then you can do 1/2tbs. Some dogs (and people) don't like the smell or taste of the apple cider vinegar so a good way to mask it is to give it to your dog with low fat plain yogurt. Personally my dog didn't even like it with this so I instead mixed it with wet dog food and mixed that with his regular kibble and he had no problem with it.

Within a couple of days (sometimes even the next day), you may start to notice that your pooch is no longer having accidents or that at least they have reduced in number. ACV works to neutralize bacteria in the dog's urine and help alleviate this condition. The following link provides some reviews of people that have used it on their dogs, read through some of them and see if you would feel more comfortable.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/bladder_infection.html

If you have any other tips that worked for you feel free to post them here,

Steven
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
schnauzkyLVR
Academy Guru
Academy Guru
schnauzkyLVR

PostSubject: Re: Urinary Track Infection - Home Remedy   Urinary Track Infection - Home Remedy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:04 pm

I've had to do that with mine once before. UTI's are no fun. I got that same info from the vet..much better finding it on here, costs less, haha.
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: Urinary Track Infection - Home Remedy   Urinary Track Infection - Home Remedy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:16 pm

schnauzkyLVR wrote:
I've had to do that with mine once before. UTI's are no fun. I got that same info from the vet..much better finding it on here, costs less, haha.

Yes its amazing the cool home remedies you can find on the net. Provided you do research to make sure its ok to use and provided you feel comfortable there is no problem seeing if they work. Many home rememdies are natural to boot. Many vets will not only charge you for consultation but also for antibiotics too. So yes...this way its a lot cheaper.lol.
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urinary Track Infection - Home Remedy   Urinary Track Infection - Home Remedy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urinary Track Infection - Home Remedy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Health -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com