K9academy
Welcome to the Dog Training & Behavior Forum K9acad10
K9academy
Welcome to the Dog Training & Behavior Forum K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to the Dog Training & Behavior Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

Welcome to the Dog Training & Behavior Forum Vide
PostSubject: Welcome to the Dog Training & Behavior Forum   Welcome to the Dog Training & Behavior Forum Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:57 pm

Should you have any questions relating to your dog's training or behavior let us know here. Keep in mind that some serious problem such as aggression may sometimes require that you seek professional help.

Suggestions given here are simply just that, suggestions. You, as the dog owner, knows your dog better than anyone and should figure out what training methods work best for your dog and which ones are ineffective. We, as well as professionals, can only offer advice and possibly tell you what may be wrong.

However, this forum isn't only for questions, if you find an article or training method that worked for you, let us know and we'll give you some feed back!

Steven
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
keiraligertwood
Junior Member: lv 1
Junior Member: lv 1

Welcome to the Dog Training & Behavior Forum Vide
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dog Training & Behavior Forum   Welcome to the Dog Training & Behavior Forum Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:15 am

Hi, My boyfriend and I have a 3 yr old German Shepherd x Great Dane. He is very intelligent but has recently begun to take a more dominating and aggressive posture when meeting other dogs while out for a walk. He pulls and whines when he notices them with his head and tail held high. This is also the stance he has now adopted when in the off leash area when a new dog enters. We can sometimes get him to sit or drop beside us (I guess it depends on his mood) at the side of the path when another dog passes but most of the time its a short struggle. We have noticed though that he acts more appropriately when it's just one of us taking him out, but we would like to enjoy it when we are all out together. I have my suspicions that it is through fear or anxiety while on the leash as when he is off leash he has a good sniff then loses interest. Do you have any idea's on how to direct his behaviour to a more appropriate direction?
Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Dog Training & Behavior Forum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Training and Behavior -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com