K9academy
You groom your own dog? - Page 2 K9acad10
K9academy
You groom your own dog? - Page 2 K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You groom your own dog?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

You groom your own dog? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: You groom your own dog?   You groom your own dog? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:33 pm

ozzy29 wrote:
Wow, Steven_L can I relate! It takes two of us an hour using blowdries to get him to the point where he is not dripping! And then if it is cold we have to make certain that we do it late at night so he does not have to go outside before bed. We try to never bath him if the weather is below minus 20 because he takes so long to dry!

Well the good thing about Jr's coat is that its waterproof, so he's never really "dripping" wet, since most of it comes off easily...but it doesn't really dry off for a couple hours...even after I take him out for a walk. The parts that usually stay wet at his armpits, face/ears, and the part of his back where his tail curls over. Frustrated

Guess its because of the differences in temps but I usually never bath Jr unless its a good 70-80 degrees outside and the sun is still out ^^
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
ozzy29
Junior Member: lv 5
ozzy29

PostSubject: Re: You groom your own dog?   You groom your own dog? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Sadly around here we gets very few days that are that warm. Even at night here the temp drops to around 55 degrees F.
Back to top Go down
sweetieheart
Junior Member: lv 1
Junior Member: lv 1

PostSubject: Re: You groom your own dog?   You groom your own dog? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:50 pm

I groom both my dogs, my little girl, she a board collie mix, and she got the long coat, i brush her and give her a bath and when she want to go out to go potty and then she end up roll in something drity.
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: You groom your own dog?   You groom your own dog? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:54 pm

sweetieheart wrote:
I groom both my dogs, my little girl, she a board collie mix, and she got the long coat, i brush her and give her a bath and when she want to go out to go potty and then she end up roll in something drity.

Yup thats usually how it works! Nervous
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
AnnSmith
AnnSmith

PostSubject: Re: You groom your own dog?   You groom your own dog? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:22 am

I also groom my two dogs. My Lab would be the first one as she is less active than my poodle. My poodle gets crazy in every bath. Lol! Is twice a week bathing fine?
Back to top Go down
CujoMom
Junior Member: lv 2
Junior Member: lv 2
CujoMom

PostSubject: Re: You groom your own dog?   You groom your own dog? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:17 pm

I have a havanese puppy and he needs to be groomed about once a month Sad
He doesn't shed at all but his undercoat is really thick and matts easily.
In fact yesterday I took him to the groomer and they had to take it all off. I am heartbroken. I know it will grow back but he just doesn't look like our baby.
I tried to trim his nails, he won't have it. I touch his feet all the time but he hates to be restrained to have anything "done" to him. So I let the pros deal with him Wink
Back to top Go down
AnnSmith
AnnSmith

PostSubject: Re: You groom your own dog?   You groom your own dog? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:20 am

I don't know how to groom my dog but I really like to learn to save myself from the expenses. I think poodles are high maintenance dogs with regards to grooming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You groom your own dog?   You groom your own dog? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You groom your own dog?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Grooming -
Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com