K9academy
Tell us About your Dog Training Sessions K9acad10
K9academy
Tell us About your Dog Training Sessions K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tell us About your Dog Training Sessions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

Tell us About your Dog Training Sessions Vide
PostSubject: Tell us About your Dog Training Sessions   Tell us About your Dog Training Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:38 am

We've taked about our individual training methods, and beliefs. Now how about talking about the training session its self.

Does your dog enjoy training? ... and How do you know?

How often do you train?

When do you train?

Where do you train?

How long do your sessions last?

What do you do before a session to prepare for the session?

How do you end the session?

What do you do after a session to reward your dog for a good session?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: Tell us About your Dog Training Sessions   Tell us About your Dog Training Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:43 pm

Does your dog enjoy training? ... and How do you know? - Yes, I can tell by his body language and seeing no obvious signs of stress or boredom (e.g. scratching, yawning, etc)

How often do you train? - Every day, maybe not formal sessions but a few obedience commands here and there throught the day.

When do you train? - When Junior is inside the house usually in the evening or throughout the day if I'm there.

Where do you train? - In the house, or in the front yard.

How long do your sessions last? - 3-7 mins

What do you do before a session to prepare for the session? - Get some treats and call junior over.

How do you end the session? - A good scratch and a game.
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Tell us About your Dog Training Sessions   Tell us About your Dog Training Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:15 pm

Does your dog enjoy training? ... and How do you know? .
Yes, They both do. Neka is always wagging her tail and spinning donuts in the middle of the floor when I say, "Its Training Time".

Patchs likes it so much that she actually tells me that she wants to train! I know this b/c I have a special jar of treats that we ONLY use for training. She walks over to the cabinet where I keep the jar and puts her nose up toward it (pointing at it)and gives me that excited "Happy Dance" ...

How often do you train?
2-3 times every day

When do you train?
First time out in the morning, After Lunch (noonish), Mid Evening.

Where do you train?
Back yard, Living Room

How long do your sessions last?
5 minutes usually -10 Minutes tops (they usually loose interest if it's more than 10 mins)

What do you do before a session to prepare for the session?
Set a goal of what I want to accomplish for that session. Load my pockets with treats. Smile

How do you end the session?
I always end the session on a positive note with the dog doing the trick or behavior correctly and giving lavish praise for a job well done!

What do you do after a session to reward your dog for a good session?
Both dogs like to play, so we play with toys or wrestle around. Neka also gets a quick "brushing" sometimes. She loves the brush!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell us About your Dog Training Sessions   Tell us About your Dog Training Sessions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell us About your Dog Training Sessions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Training and Behavior -
Forum create on Forumotion | Animals | Dogs | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com