K9academy
Leaving tomorrow K9acad10
K9academy
Leaving tomorrow K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leaving tomorrow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:32 pm

I'm flying to Florida in the morning, and then on Tues. to Washington DC. Maybe.
DC is supposed to get a foot of snow between tonight and tomorrow, and this most
certainly would shut airports down, at least for awhile. Good grief....this happened earlier
this year, too. I was on a beach in Florida enjoying 80+ degrees one night and the next day was
in DC with 18 inches of snow coming down. My puppy is in Maryland. I'll get there one way or another.

HAHAHA! they just changed the forecast for DC...expecting 2 feet of snow now.
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Re: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:46 pm

In spite of all the snow I hope your travel plans work out for you and you have a hassle free trip ...

Have you picked out a name yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Re: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 3:51 am

I have a few ideas for a name but want to see him first, find out what he's like.
So far, I'm leaning toward one of the following, but that could change. Any ideas are appreciated.
Thor
Thunder
Scout
Baloo
Angus (Gus)
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Re: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:28 pm

Ann wrote:
I have a few ideas for a name but want to see him first, find out what he's like.
So far, I'm leaning toward one of the following, but that could change. Any ideas are appreciated.
Thor
Thunder
Scout
Baloo
Angus (Gus)

I agree, find out what he's like before you try to give him his name.

I like Thor or Thunder. I'd have to see some video of him playing and hangin out to get any ideas of my own!!!

Many years ago a friend got a black lab puppy. It had very intence eye contact, pace the floor all of the time, but was really just a big doppy clown. He asked me for a suggestion and I said: "Id call him Pryor" (after Richard Pryor) He was RP fan and he loved the name ...
Back to top Go down
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Re: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am

Made it to Florida without a hitch.....it's still snowing in DC. They have 2 days to clean that mess up! bounce
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Re: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 10:56 am

So far so good ... cheers
Back to top Go down
schnauzkyLVR
Academy Guru
Academy Guru
schnauzkyLVR

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Re: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:37 pm

I like Scout and Thunder! Smile
have a safe trip!
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Re: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Hey hope that its going well! We know that you'll get to your new pup rain or snow, hurricane or tornado Nervous

I definitely like Thor....and Baloo! I'm thinking Thor would be fitting for a more protective, serious pooch and Baloo for a goof ball that loves everyone and everything. So yep, let us know what you decide we'll be waiting Grin
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Re: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:14 am

My flight is still on the schedule, so i'm hoping to get there this afternoon. I'm flying into one airport and my DIL's family from Italy is landing on the other side of DC couple of hours later. If everyone arrives on time, I'll have my pup today!
Back to top Go down
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Re: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:18 am

Steven_L wrote:
Hey hope that its going well! We know that you'll get to your new pup rain or snow, hurricane or tornado Nervous

I definitely like Thor....and Baloo! I'm thinking Thor would be fitting for a more protective, serious pooch and Baloo for a goof ball that loves everyone and everything. So yep, let us know what you decide we'll be waiting Grin

Yeah, I tried to think of names that I like for every personality type. Grin
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Re: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:28 am

The name may come from the weather, your trip, the airport or somewhere else ...
Back to top Go down
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Re: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:22 pm

My boy has a name. Within 2 minutes it was obvious. I couldn't have made myself call him by any other name!
His registered name will be Brie's Bodacious Baloo, call name Baloo. He's smart, cute as can be, and is constantly at my feet, wanting to just be with me. I had hoped for another velcro dog but didn't want to get my hopes up. I think I may have one.
Funny thing...he's the dog that Dee said was pick of the litter....the new owner came to get him Monday and chose another pup, the one Dee had intended for me. We were on the phone for 15 minutes and decided Baloo was just perfect for me anyway. When I can post pics, you'll be able to see what the intended owner didn't like. A nearly black face, which is preferred by most breeders, but some people think looks intimidating.
I'll try to post pics tonight. My son's computer is unlike anything I've ever used before and I can't figure it out by myself.
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Re: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:58 pm

Im so glad you found the perfect puppy ... You are going to have SO much fun witrh him. I cant wait to see the pix and hear more about him. Grin
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Re: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:22 pm

Just saw the pictures Grin I'm thinking you changed the registered name, I thought you said something else on the picture post?
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Sponsored content

Leaving tomorrow Vide
PostSubject: Re: Leaving tomorrow   Leaving tomorrow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaving tomorrow

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Miscellaneous Forums :: General Chat -
Make a forum | Animals | Dogs | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com