K9academy
Hey Everyone! K9acad10
K9academy
Hey Everyone! K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hey Everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

Hey Everyone! Vide
PostSubject: Hey Everyone!   Hey Everyone! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:26 pm

Sorry that I've been absent for a few days! So many things been going on here not to mentio that the libraries are closed for a couple days after and before X-mas, although I found out that the library in the neighboring town was open today so I decided to swing by and catch up with you guys!....Although these computers are much more strict and harder to use Razz

Hope that all of you have been well and that you weren't too cold Wink What have you all been up to?
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

Hey Everyone! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone!   Hey Everyone! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:25 pm

Not much news from here. My oldest Brother came home for christmas so Ive been spending some time with him and the family.

Other than that ... just spending some extra time with my to ladies ... Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

Hey Everyone! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone!   Hey Everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 5:33 am

I just returned home with my new pup yesterday!
Something happened that I did not have the forethought to consider...
my two adult dogs are correcting the pup. Grizz-Bang, bless his heart, is Baloo's
favorite, and has been the object of multiple mock attacks by Baloo. I've seen some
pretty stern posturing from Grizz-Bang. Lib (my high prey drive dog) has nipped Baloo a couple of
times and I'm having to watch closely but try not to interfere. They are sorting things out.

Baloo has been going to the door to be let out to potty. I have a pretty regular potty schedule anyway, but
obviously, he can't hold it as long as the adult dogs. He has not soiled the house (knocking on wood) although he did have
two pee accidents at my son's house.

My cat was shocked to see that I would bring home another one of these slobbery black and tans, and has relegated herself to the hallway to block any attempts by the pup to enter my bedroom, where her sacred cat bed is.
The guinea pig is very interested in the pup, and I'm sure someday they'll become friends. I'm also sure the guinea
pig would not appreciate what a 21 lb. puppy can do with it's milk teeth.

I'm trying to manage all of this with flu symptoms, including a fever of 101.6....blah!!
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

Hey Everyone! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone!   Hey Everyone! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 10:24 am

Ann wrote:
I just returned home with my new pup yesterday!
Something happened that I did not have the forethought to consider...
my two adult dogs are correcting the pup. Grizz-Bang, bless his heart, is Baloo's
favorite, and has been the object of multiple mock attacks by Baloo. I've seen some
pretty stern posturing from Grizz-Bang. Lib (my high prey drive dog) has nipped Baloo a couple of
times and I'm having to watch closely but try not to interfere. They are sorting things out.

Baloo has been going to the door to be let out to potty. I have a pretty regular potty schedule anyway, but
obviously, he can't hold it as long as the adult dogs. He has not soiled the house (knocking on wood) although he did have
two pee accidents at my son's house.

My cat was shocked to see that I would bring home another one of these slobbery black and tans, and has relegated herself to the hallway to block any attempts by the pup to enter my bedroom, where her sacred cat bed is.
The guinea pig is very interested in the pup, and I'm sure someday they'll become friends. I'm also sure the guinea
pig would not appreciate what a 21 lb. puppy can do with it's milk teeth.

I'm trying to manage all of this with flu symptoms, including a fever of 101.6....blah!!

Wow, soulds like you have a full plate!!!

As long as Griz and Lib are OK with Baloo you will be fine taking the "watch and wait" posture.

ONe thing, (you've already noticed), is that older dog and puppies sometimes develop issues because the older dogs often tire of the barrage of attacks by a puppy. After a while they will say "enough is enough" and attack back. I would concider removing Baloo if or when you see Griz or Lib becoming stressed. That will show all three that you are in control of Baloo. Baloo will also have a benchmark as to how much will be tolerated by you.

Take care, and stay warm ... 101.6 is nothing to mess with!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

Hey Everyone! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone!   Hey Everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:50 pm

I agree with Michael about removing Baloo when you think the others have had enough, even better is that they have an area only accessable to them so that they can go there if they are bugged too much. I'm sure that before long they'll all get along though Smile

Yes and please take care of that fever. I think I have a bug too, I've had a sore throat for the past two days....which is strange considering I got sick last month... I haven't been sick for years and now withing two months I've been sick twice...either I'm doing something wrong or the bug is stronger...
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

Hey Everyone! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone!   Hey Everyone! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:38 pm

My Christmas was interesting. It snowed and got tons, so much Daniel couldn't come because he don't have 4-wheel. So my brother came Christmas eve, it was a boring evening. Then Christmas day, opened my gifts...got my wish..rain to come MELT all the snow!! Then sat up at my grandma's till Daniel came, then he spent the night then it was out 6 mo. anniv so spent it together had fun. Then after that my dad got in this nasty mood, typical family fight -.- Joyness, he still in a horrible mood. But regardless, I had a great Christmas, sorry I was absent too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey Everyone! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone!   Hey Everyone! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey Everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Miscellaneous Forums :: General Chat -
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com