K9academy
April - National Stress Awareness Month K9acad10
K9academy
April - National Stress Awareness Month K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

April - National Stress Awareness Month

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

April - National Stress Awareness Month Vide
PostSubject: April - National Stress Awareness Month   April - National Stress Awareness Month Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:26 pm

http://dogstardaily.com/blogs/national-stress-awareness-month-%E2%80%93-no-fooling

According to the blog above it is! And I did a little googling and found out its true.lol. Some interesting links up on the blog I just posted as well.

Of course KA being a dog forum we have to give this a little dog twist of course, and the reason I bring this up is because we as members of communities that are more versed in the dog world have a duty (of sorts) to help your average owner learn that a dog (or any other pet for that matter) shouldn't be a source of stress but rather a way to relieve stress.

We do this many ways, mainly by educating people.

But lets use this thread to discuss some ways you relieve stress (either you already do this or have been planning it).
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
schnauzkyLVR
Academy Guru
Academy Guru
schnauzkyLVR

PostSubject: Re: April - National Stress Awareness Month   April - National Stress Awareness Month Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:14 pm

I listen to music or paint to relieve stress. If I have time that is. If not, my husband usually knows what to say to make me feel much better. stress is no fun. ive been trying to not focus on it as much lately since i carry a lot of it.I'm a worrier, lol. I have been teaching myself to do one thing at a time and not worry about other things until i get to them. if i cant do anything about something at the moment, i try to not stress about it.
Back to top Go down
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

PostSubject: Re: April - National Stress Awareness Month   April - National Stress Awareness Month Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:22 pm

I sit on the top step of my deck and let the dogs gather around me. I stroke their soft ears or run my fingers through the hair on their neck and shoulders. They melt like butter and it also relaxes me.
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: April - National Stress Awareness Month   April - National Stress Awareness Month Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:55 pm

I usually take time to get away from what ever is causing the stress. I go out in the back yard with the dogs, or go for a LONG walk.

Sometimes I'll jump in the car, crank up the stereo and go for a drive ...

I also like to take my car (my other car) to the drag strip and make a few passes. That is my ultimate relaxation!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: April - National Stress Awareness Month   April - National Stress Awareness Month Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Very cool you guys! Definitely interesting and unique ways we all have to relax! I agree that taking one thing at a time is a must for those of us that are worriers (me!), its something I've been having to learn to do myself.

As to how do I relax? Umm I think when i'm working on some form of art is when I don't worry so much about other things.
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April - National Stress Awareness Month   April - National Stress Awareness Month Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

April - National Stress Awareness Month

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Miscellaneous Forums :: General Chat -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com