K9academy
Intersting day at the shelter... K9acad10
K9academy
Intersting day at the shelter... K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Intersting day at the shelter...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

Intersting day at the shelter... Vide
PostSubject: Intersting day at the shelter...   Intersting day at the shelter... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Went to help out at the animal shelter today...was 105 out! Started with grooming a Samoyed (although I suspect it was a husky mix) and a Husky...came out with fur all over my face and sweaty...very frustrating but it was cool playing with the dogs ^^

Then out of nowhere...the sky gets dark...temp drops like 20 degrees (litteraly). I knew it was going to thunder a bit, which it did but then freezing rain started to fall. All the volunteers and employees were outside with outstretched arms enjoying it, myself included.

5 minutes later it started blowing wind like crazy and the rain came down harder, an employee runs towards the office yelling at us to get inside. I was like "Ow ow ow" all the way there because the hail stung a bit. Electricity went out so it was stuffy with 15+ people in a small room with no AC.lol.

Went outside and after some mingling with the ppl under the shade structure I checked some of the kennels...they were FLOODED, the drain was clogged. Anyway, suffice it to say that damage control afterwards left us ALL wet and tired ^^ But still we all agree it was awesome! Least my car is clean!!
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

PostSubject: Re: Intersting day at the shelter...   Intersting day at the shelter... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:28 am

I love being outside in the rain, but mixing dog hair with water is no fun. Throw in some hail and it's crappy. lol
If we see hail like that here in Indiana we REALLY run for cover because it usually means a tornado is bearing down! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Intersting day at the shelter...   Intersting day at the shelter... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:31 pm

Ann wrote:
If we see hail like that here in Indiana we REALLY run for cover because it usually means a tornado is bearing down! Shocked
Same thing here in Iowa ... I really expected Steven to say that they spotted one an had to take cover ... Nervous
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: Intersting day at the shelter...   Intersting day at the shelter... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
Ann wrote:
Same thing here in Iowa ... I really expected Steven to say that they spotted one an had to take cover ... Nervous

Actually I heard there was some kind of fire tornado in the area...but I don't know if its true, I'll be doing some searching to see if it really happened.
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intersting day at the shelter...   Intersting day at the shelter... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intersting day at the shelter...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Miscellaneous Forums :: General Chat -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com