HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in


 Another Problem with Fireworks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Author Message

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: Another Problem with Fireworks   Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:00 pm

Besides scaring the heck out of our dogs, fireworks also pose another problem.... when they are ingested.

Its not uncommon to find used (and sometimes unused) fireworks in the streets following an event where fireworks are common place. Obviously many different chemicals are used to make the fireworks actually work (e.g. potassium nitrate, sulfur, charcoal, coloring agents), and these can be hazardous to your dogs health.

Symptoms of poisoning can vary, including but not limited to vomiting, bloody diarrhea, kidney failure, and jaundice.

Even more of a problem is that sometimes does actually seek out fireworks. So maybe next time it would be a good idea to keep this in mind so that we do some cleaning up after firework events, even if its not our fault. I'm sure we'd do anything to keep our pets safe.



For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Junior Member: lv 5
Junior Member: lv 5

Posts : 42
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Another Problem with Fireworks   Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:25 am

Yeah, I've seen lots of dogs die because of ingestion of firework. Fireworks contain sulfur that is a very toxic poison for dogs. It's in fact used as a silent killer for dog eaters. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Another Problem with Fireworks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Health -
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com