K9academy
New Laptop.... K9acad10
K9academy
New Laptop.... K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Laptop....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

New Laptop.... Vide
PostSubject: New Laptop....   New Laptop.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Last year, whenever I bought my laptop I never dreamed that I would be buying a new one yesterday. I always figured I would but not for 4 or 5 years. Well, my computer crashed, getting blue screen of death. They couldn't do anything....They tried saving it. It was too far gone at that point. They were able to tell me the reason was malware infected my computer, and the browser that allowed this was Internet Explorer. They explained to me how bad internet explorer was. Now I had to start from scratch.

So I am back...with a brand new laptop. Somethings I like better about it, like the keyboard the numbers are on the side, like I like...but then I dont like how I lost all my photos, because I never backed anything up. I guess I am getting use to it. It is windows 7, so that is hard to adjust too after having XP. (For the record, I like XP better.)

Ugh. just really annoys me that this happened....that was 600 bucks out of my pocket that I could have used. ALL because of stupid internet explorer. Our computer guy also told me that facebook and myspace are the absolute worst for malware, and even my mom agrees because she said every-time I am on the home computer and I use facebook, she has maleware she has to remove...and when im not, she has none. I wish sites like that would clean up their website....i just hope this one lasts a little longer. I would have gotten a mac, but I didnt have the extra money for one, nor do we have a local store that will sell macs. I refused to get one at a department store. Plus none of the local computer stores here fix macs...so it was better just to wait.
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

New Laptop.... Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Laptop....   New Laptop.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Yeah, always have heard Firefox is better. Sorry to hear you had to spend more money on a new one.
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

New Laptop.... Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Laptop....   New Laptop.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:14 am

Yeah, it is sad but I ended up making 25 on the old one. Radio shack buys stuff like that and uses parts so I guess I kind of recycled it.
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

New Laptop.... Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Laptop....   New Laptop.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:23 pm

Oh I didn't know that. I would have thrown it away.lol.
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

New Laptop.... Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Laptop....   New Laptop.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:48 pm

xXEvilMistressxX wrote:
Yeah, it is sad but I ended up making 25 on the old one. Radio shack buys stuff like that and uses parts so I guess I kind of recycled it.
I dont want to trash your day, but, Ive been using IE7 and IE8 on ALL of the systems in my office (6 total) and both of my laptops and have had NO major issues with Malware. I use a product called "Malwarebytes" a free download from download.com and filehippo.com to keep my systems clean. I run it about 2 times per month.

To my knowlege, Malware, spyware and trojans are NOT filtered by any browser. It does NOT trash your hardware either. The worst thing you would have to do is reload the OS and start fresh. The average cost for this (in this area) is $125. It sounds like your "recycler" got a nice laptop at your expence!!! New Laptop.... 258695
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

New Laptop.... Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Laptop....   New Laptop.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:00 pm

OH, and BTW, it's not Facebook or Myspace giving you trouble!!! You just have to watch were you are going. STAY OFF of the links that leave the site. (Clicking on FREE Stuff) links and alike is where virus', trojans and Malware come from. EXAMPLE: "Get Free FV CASH everyday" or "Click here for a FREE APP" .... This is where you end up getting **** that kills your OS.

Ive had several customers say this to me so I set up a system with WIN XP Pro and tested this. It ONLY goes to Facebook, Myspace and Twitter. I have been TRYING to infect it and so far I have been UNABLE to infect it. It's been 2 months so far!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Sponsored content

New Laptop.... Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Laptop....   New Laptop.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Laptop....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Miscellaneous Forums :: Rants -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com