K9academy
Hi from the Heart of Dixie! K9acad10
K9academy
Hi from the Heart of Dixie! K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi from the Heart of Dixie!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Cookie's mum
Junior Member: lv 1
Cookie's mum

Hi from the Heart of Dixie! Vide
PostSubject: Hi from the Heart of Dixie!   Hi from the Heart of Dixie! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:53 pm

Hi! I have loved dogs for a long time. Our last dog passed away in February of this year. Hubby & I agreed that there would be no more dogs, because losing them is so hard.

Then yesterday my Dad calls to tell me that someone dumped three puppies at his house during the night. I go there and take food, leashes and a crate to try to get them to safety. My Dad lives on a very busy highway, and he can't take care of them. So I call a friend who runs a dog & cat rescue and she only had room for two of them. I'm sure she would have somehow made a space for the third one, but we decided to keep her.

We are "small dog people" but this pup will not be a small dog, so this is a new frontier for us. She is a Husky or Malamute mix. All three pups have light blue eyes, but short fur. The one we chose looks almost like she has Beagle coloring, but who knows? She looks to be about 8-9 weeks old.

She didn't even have a name until today. We wanted to make sure it was a name that suits her. So we decided on Cookie.

I'll never understand how some people can just dump dogs, of any age, out like that. But at least these three will all have good homes.

We didn't plan on this, but I believe it was meant to be.

Cookie & I look forward to making lots of new firends.
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Heart of Dixie!   Hi from the Heart of Dixie! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Hey there! Its great to have you on the forum! I see the pup you are refering to in your avatar, what a cutie!

Love to see more pictures!!
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Heart of Dixie!   Hi from the Heart of Dixie! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:33 am

Awww....Fate does sometimes just drop things in our laps. Very Happy

Welcome, it will be nice getting to know you and Cookie.
Back to top Go down
Cookie's mum
Cookie's mum

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Heart of Dixie!   Hi from the Heart of Dixie! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:38 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Heart of Dixie!   Hi from the Heart of Dixie! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from the Heart of Dixie!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: News & Announcement Forums :: Member Introductions -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com