K9academy
Don't Worry ... My dog is really very friendly! K9acad10
K9academy
Don't Worry ... My dog is really very friendly! K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Don't Worry ... My dog is really very friendly!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

Don't Worry ... My dog is really very friendly! Vide
PostSubject: Don't Worry ... My dog is really very friendly!   Don't Worry ... My dog is really very friendly! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:33 pm

I recently published an article on my blog about "Giving Other Dogs and Owners Their Space" in public

I thought I'd share it here too ...

While it is very true that not all dogs get along with each other, most actually do! After all, dogs are basically very social animals. But just like humans, there is always that possibility that there can be a conflict of personalities between dogs. It’s not necessarily a German Shepherd vs. Doberman thing, or even a Pit-bull vs. Pit-bull thing. It’s usually just a difference in energy levels, amount of socialization or a resource guarding issue.

Because of this it is the dog owner’s duty to make sure that their dog has proper leadership and is always under their complete control. It is also important that the owner doesn’t try to force a meeting if either of the dogs is not in a completely calm state of mind.

When less social dogs are in public they need to be given every possible chance to interact with other dogs and humans. This is a great way to desensitize them. But interaction should only be done in a controlled environment with the help of a trained professional. It’s not something that should be done in passing on a public sidewalk. This is how people and dogs get hurt!

As a responsible dog owner you must ...

Read the rest of the article at: http://wp.me/p1RE2o-5y
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com

Don't Worry ... My dog is really very friendly!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Miscellaneous Forums :: General Chat -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com