K9academy
scared dog when in a park or different park  K9acad10
K9academy
scared dog when in a park or different park  K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

scared dog when in a park or different park

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
crazychicken55
Junior Member: lv 1
Junior Member: lv 1

scared dog when in a park or different park  Vide
PostSubject: scared dog when in a park or different park    scared dog when in a park or different park  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:42 pm

we are the proud parents of a new dog. her name is hope we fostered her about a year and 2 months ago, we have been consist on walking her we take her everywhere with us. and she has been super but as she is getting older, if we take her say to a new park she starts ok and then is scared and dragginf me to the car. ( did i mention she is 103 lbs), if we wlak her in our park she gets this way aftere the first lap around. she doesn like bikes and does like dogs, we have takn her to the dog park, and she loves it, but the walking i feel like i am causing her harm everytime i walk her whGT CAN WE DO. AND ONE OTHER THING WHEN SHE is home and people are walking by the house she will kill you she is so protective
Back to top Go down
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

PostSubject: Re: scared dog when in a park or different park    scared dog when in a park or different park  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:41 pm

How old is Hope? I love big dogs and am hoping you can send a photo. Smile
There could be many reasons for what is happening, but her age could possibly explain a lot. It sounds like you've done a good job of socializing her. You just can't go wrong with that! Is there some way you could distract her from her fears before they become overwhelming to her? Perhaps take a favorite toy or treats to kepp her occupied? Maybe you've already tried those types of things...
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: scared dog when in a park or different park    scared dog when in a park or different park  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:16 pm

I agree with Ann. Watch her body language and distract her with a toy or treat while she is at a low level. It is much harder to control her at level 10 than it is at level 2
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scared dog when in a park or different park    scared dog when in a park or different park  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

scared dog when in a park or different park

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Training and Behavior -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com