K9academy
Training Questions K9acad10
K9academy
Training Questions K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Training Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SilverCoyote
Junior Member: lv 1
Junior Member: lv 1

Training Questions Vide
PostSubject: Training Questions   Training Questions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 1:47 pm

Hey I had a question in regards to training methods. I've been doing a lot of research on smooth coated collies since I am hoping to adopt one come the new year. I have been doing a lot of research on training methods and one thing I came across was "find out if your dog responds to food rewards or toy rewards". I grew up with a rat terrier mix who knew plenty of tricks but would only perform them if he knew he was getting a treat. Does this constitute as only responding to food rewards? It seems to me like dogs would rather prefer something tasty opposed to a toy they may have access to all the time.

I know a lot of people that use the clicker-treat method. Anyone here have any experience with that? I know I wont know for sure what works best until we get the dog, but I want to grab as much training knowledge as possible so I can keep her busy.
Back to top Go down

Training Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Training and Behavior -
Create a forum | Animals | Dogs | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com