K9academy
Koehler Method of Dog Training - William Koehler K9acad10
K9academy
Koehler Method of Dog Training - William Koehler K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Koehler Method of Dog Training - William Koehler

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

Koehler Method of Dog Training - William Koehler Vide
PostSubject: Koehler Method of Dog Training - William Koehler   Koehler Method of Dog Training - William Koehler Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 4:27 pm

This is most definitely NOT a book I'd recommend for those new to the dog training community. Methods in this book are highly aversive and rarely used in today's mode of training. To sum the basic theme of this book in one phrase it would be: "Dogs must do what they are told whether they like it or not, or else...".

Those that might benefit from reading this book are those that are highly knowledgeable about todays non-aversive training techniques and why they work. Koehler was a trainer back in the 1950's, and trained many many dogs for people, shows, and movies. However dog training techniques back then were more aversive than todays techniques.

Dog owners/trainers that would like a more in-depth look at what dog training used to be, would probably benefit from this book. It also allows people to make informed opinions and refute aversive methods more effeciently. Other than for those reason I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone.

Be warned that the author doesn't spare to use satire and sarcastic comments and does present a pompous attitude. It was hard for me to read through the whole book myself. Sleep But if any of you are interested in reading it here is a link/picture:

http://www.amazon.com/Koehler-Method-Dog-Training/dp/0876055773

Koehler Method of Dog Training - William Koehler 09_3210
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
schnauzkyLVR
Academy Guru
Academy Guru
schnauzkyLVR

Koehler Method of Dog Training - William Koehler Vide
PostSubject: Re: Koehler Method of Dog Training - William Koehler   Koehler Method of Dog Training - William Koehler Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:45 pm

oOH very interesting!
Back to top Go down

Koehler Method of Dog Training - William Koehler

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Media Forums :: Books & TV -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com