K9academy
Time Change- Your opinions. K9acad10
K9academy
Time Change- Your opinions. K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time Change- Your opinions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

Time Change- Your opinions. Vide
PostSubject: Time Change- Your opinions.   Time Change- Your opinions. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:29 am

So I was looking at my clock it said it was 1:23....I was like o.o where did the time go? I was going to be late! So I look down at clock on my cell and it says 12:23 and I was like.... oh yeah...time change and got all in a panic I was going to be late. So I thought to myself...what is the soul purpose of time change? It causes nothing but trouble and extra work like changing all clocks back and I don't even notice a difference that people say it makes, and it sucks majorly it gets dark earlier, only because we changed clocks back an hour. Personally I find it stupid and wish our country would stop time change. My friend in Peru laughed when and said her country don't do the time change.

So my question is...what is your opinion of the time changes? Do you think they should stay or we should just do away with them?
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Time Change- Your opinions.   Time Change- Your opinions. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:30 am

While I dont like it getting dark earlier, Ive learned to putt up with it.

The positive part of it is that is is not dark until 7:30 in the morning. I usually get up around 6:30 and I dont like to let the dogs off leash in the dark. By switching to "standard" time, it is now sunrise at around 6 am. As the sun moves south, the time will get closer to 7.

There were several years in the 70's that we stayed on "Daylight Savings" and it was just as big of a problem. What you take OFF of one end, is added on the other. They found that some ppl were going to work in the darn AND coming home in it too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: Time Change- Your opinions.   Time Change- Your opinions. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Oh I definitely don't like it getting darker sooner, I don't mind the time change when we set the clock forward because then it doesn't start getting dark till 8-9PM.

I did a little googling and DSL is to save energy and some places like Hawaii and other US territories don't do it. Here is what a site said:

"One of the biggest reasons we change our clocks to Daylight Saving Time (DST) is that it reportedly saves electricity. Newer studies are being done to see if that long-held reason is true.

In general, energy use and the demand for electricity for lighting our homes is directly connected to when we go to bed and when we get up. Bedtime for most of us is late evening through the year. When we go to bed, we turn off the lights and TV.

In the average home, 25 percent of all the electricity we use is for lighting and small appliances, such as TVs, VCRs and stereos. A good percentage of energy consumed by lighting and appliances occurs in the evening when families are home. By moving the clock ahead one hour, we can cut the amount of electricity we consume each day."
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: Re: Time Change- Your opinions.   Time Change- Your opinions. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:16 pm

Personally I don't see how it saves energy. We still use the same amount, we just go to bed earlier but wake up earlier too, I don't see how it even saves energy in the summer when we jump ahead, maybe as an excuse to keep the time change?
Back to top Go down
schnauzkyLVR
Academy Guru
Academy Guru
schnauzkyLVR

PostSubject: Re: Time Change- Your opinions.   Time Change- Your opinions. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 3:37 pm

I'm fine with the time adjustment..but i'm not used to it being super light out when i get up for work, and more so when i leave work...it feels wayyyyyyy later. Not liking being at work when it's dark out, haha.
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: Time Change- Your opinions.   Time Change- Your opinions. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Heh I don't see how it saves energy either but research shows that it does somehow! Oh I don't mind being out when its dark, I actually perfer it that way, I guess its because you don't feel the hustle and bustle from the day traffic rush.lol.
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time Change- Your opinions.   Time Change- Your opinions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time Change- Your opinions.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Miscellaneous Forums :: General Chat -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com