K9academy
How often do you feed table scraps? K9acad10
K9academy
How often do you feed table scraps? K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How often do you feed table scraps?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

How often do you feed table scraps? Vide
PostSubject: How often do you feed table scraps?   How often do you feed table scraps? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:26 pm

An article I remember reading said that table scraps should constitute more than 15% of a dogs diet. So my question to you guys is, how often to you give table scraps? What kind of things do you feed your pooch?

Last edited by Steven_L on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: How often do you feed table scraps?   How often do you feed table scraps? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:35 pm

NEVER .... the only thing I do is: put bacon drippings on thier dry food once a week during the winter months.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: How often do you feed table scraps?   How often do you feed table scraps? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:48 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
NEVER .... the only thing I do is: put bacon drippings on thier dry food once a week during the winter months.

Really? Never? I must say that I sometimes cannot help myself.lol. Usually I give him a little corner of my sandwhich or something like that.

But wow Michael, thats awesome Cool
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: How often do you feed table scraps?   How often do you feed table scraps? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Steven_L wrote:
Betterdog4u wrote:

Really? Never? I must say that I sometimes cannot help myself.lol. Usually I give him a little corner of my sandwhich or something like that.

I used to give Chip some of my fries once in a while, but he got so demanding sometimes that i finally stopped it. In the past 10 years i can honestly say that I have not feed any table scraps to my dogs. if an occational patato chip happens to hit the floor, and as long as they didnt see it fall, I will let them have it. Other than that ... NOpe!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: How often do you feed table scraps?   How often do you feed table scraps? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
Steven_L wrote:
Betterdog4u wrote:

I used to give Chip some of my fries once in a while, but he got so demanding sometimes that i finally stopped it. In the past 10 years i can honestly say that I have not feed any table scraps to my dogs. if an occational patato chip happens to hit the floor, and as long as they didnt see it fall, I will let them have it. Other than that ... NOpe!

LOL, well sometimes I can't help myself... I try not to give in too often, but I don't usually have a problem giving him a tiny bit Nervous
Back to top Go down
schnauzkyLVR
Academy Guru
Academy Guru
schnauzkyLVR

PostSubject: Re: How often do you feed table scraps?   How often do you feed table scraps? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:11 pm

I don't feed him anything from the table. The only human food he's ever had is carrots, peas, and gave him scrambled eggs once when he was a puppy and the vet said to when his tummy was upset.

He doesn't ever beg us due to never really having human food..it's nice.
However, when i make bacon, i do let him lick my fingers off after i've touched it, lol....he goes nuts.
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: How often do you feed table scraps?   How often do you feed table scraps? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:49 pm

Yeah, the trick is not letting this kind of thing turn into an unwanted behavior. Junior is very good about not begging, our little dachshund on the other hand tends to let out a whine or two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How often do you feed table scraps?   How often do you feed table scraps? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How often do you feed table scraps?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Nutrition & Recipes -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com