K9academy
Our Pet Peeve K9acad10
K9academy
Our Pet Peeve K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Our Pet Peeve

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

Our Pet Peeve Vide
PostSubject: Our Pet Peeve   Our Pet Peeve Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:07 pm

Alright most of you know how topics on dog breeding usually get on dog forums right.... I know I've joined one too many of those kinds of discussions.lol. Anyway, usually the typical response is rather rude, and condecending for some. While completely justified I'm thinking its not the right approach mainly because people won't want to listen to you. I've just blogged a little about this topic and would like to know you're guy's opinions, you can read the article here: http://dog-notes.blogspot.com/2009/12/dog-savvies-pet-peeves.html#more (looks like a lot but it isn't Seriously? )
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

Our Pet Peeve Vide
PostSubject: Re: Our Pet Peeve   Our Pet Peeve Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Steven_L wrote:
Alright most of you know how topics on dog breeding usually get on dog forums right.... I know I've joined one too many of those kinds of discussions.lol. Anyway, usually the typical response is rather rude, and condecending for some. While completely justified I'm thinking its not the right approach mainly because people won't want to listen to you. I've just blogged a little about this topic and would like to know you're guy's opinions, you can read the article here: http://dog-notes.blogspot.com/2009/12/dog-savvies-pet-peeves.html#more (looks like a lot but it isn't Seriously? )

I try to give everyone the benifit of the doubt until they they prove to be azzholes. I EXPLAIN to them my POV and offer it as a suggestion. Some ppl just dont know better, while other just dont care.

IMO, Its up to us to educate, NOT to isolate ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

Our Pet Peeve Vide
PostSubject: Re: Our Pet Peeve   Our Pet Peeve Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:

IMO, Its up to us to educate, NOT to isolate ...

Hey I like that! Has a nice ring to it Wink
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

Our Pet Peeve Vide
PostSubject: Re: Our Pet Peeve   Our Pet Peeve Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Steven_L wrote:
Hey I like that! Has a nice ring to it Wink

Feel free to use it if you like!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

Our Pet Peeve Vide
PostSubject: Re: Our Pet Peeve   Our Pet Peeve Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:59 pm

I seriously doubt that anyone wants my opinion on this one.
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

Our Pet Peeve Vide
PostSubject: Re: Our Pet Peeve   Our Pet Peeve Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:11 pm

Ann wrote:
I seriously doubt that anyone wants my opinion on this one.

That's why we're here!!! Just watching All opinions are welcome and all opinions are expected to be respected.
Back to top Go down
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

Our Pet Peeve Vide
PostSubject: Re: Our Pet Peeve   Our Pet Peeve Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:40 pm

Okay....here's my take on "breeders" who don't know enough or who just don't care that what they're doing is detrimental to all dogs. You can try to educate, you can try to be friendly, you can explain every possible reason why they should not be breeding their dogs, and they don't want to listen to that either. The only thing they care about is adding a few thousand untaxed dollars to their yearly income. From my personal experience, they are the ones most likely to get nasty.

I can't comprehend how someone can own a dog, love that dog, and do something to harm dogs. I used to think that if anyone wanting to breed would have to spend 5 days in a shelter, they'd change their mind, but I don't believe that anymore. Money is more important to them than anything.
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

Our Pet Peeve Vide
PostSubject: Re: Our Pet Peeve   Our Pet Peeve Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:11 pm

Ann wrote:
Okay....here's my take on "breeders" who don't know enough or who just don't care that what they're doing is detrimental to all dogs. You can try to educate, you can try to be friendly, you can explain every possible reason why they should not be breeding their dogs, and they don't want to listen to that either. The only thing they care about is adding a few thousand untaxed dollars to their yearly income. From my personal experience, they are the ones most likely to get nasty.

I can't comprehend how someone can own a dog, love that dog, and do something to harm dogs. I used to think that if anyone wanting to breed would have to spend 5 days in a shelter, they'd change their mind, but I don't believe that anymore. Money is more important to them than anything.

I think thats about right in some cases. If someone comes on saying they've been breeding for some yet has to ask some really dumb elementary question then I won't really bother (well I might Nervous ) but last time I checked quite a large percentage of people aren't really aware of the severity of the overpopulation problem. I usually try to answer without being offensive...I just don't think that being mean straight away is going to solve anything anyway.
Back to top Go down
schnauzkyLVR
Academy Guru
Academy Guru
schnauzkyLVR

Our Pet Peeve Vide
PostSubject: Re: Our Pet Peeve   Our Pet Peeve Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:02 pm

"IMO, Its up to us to educate, NOT to isolate ..."

very very veryyyy well said! study *thumbs UP!
Back to top Go down
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

Our Pet Peeve Vide
PostSubject: Re: Our Pet Peeve   Our Pet Peeve Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Honestly, I feel too many people are breeding and not enough people adopting from shelters. Probably half of the shelter dogs out there are from bad breeders. It is all a money making gimmick.

When I get married I plan on adopting kids instead of having my own. Basically I am a wimp with pain and I throw a tantrum when it comes to having a cavity filling, I doubt I will be able to handle a pregnancy. Yet, at the same time I feel good about my choice because there are too many kids having kids that they don't want/need and adoption agencies are filling up.

I think adults and animals have the same problem expect people are enforcing the dogs to breed...not the humans. I think there needs to be a big cut back on breeding, and only those with the license should be allowed to breed. I also have to agree with Ann here, money is the root of everything. I've seen money do things to people that would make you sick. If you want to make a few extra bucks then do babysitting or something else. I partly have to blame our country for the money mess it is in. Between the media and selling our company's over china. Sales are going up 30% this year because costs to much to be shipped from China. I mean, who cares if they will work for a penny a day...if it costs less to pay 10 an hour here then it does to ship the stuff then keep the companies here!!! None of these politics have to pennies in their brain that they can rub together.
Back to top Go down
Matthewop
Junior Member: lv 2
Junior Member: lv 2

Our Pet Peeve Vide
PostSubject: Re: Our Pet Peeve   Our Pet Peeve Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 3:06 am

hey.. it looks so nice with that ring...

-link removed-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our Pet Peeve Vide
PostSubject: Re: Our Pet Peeve   Our Pet Peeve Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Pet Peeve

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Breeding and Showing -
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com