K9academy
Not so nice comments....? K9acad10
K9academy
Not so nice comments....? K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Not so nice comments....?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

Not so nice comments....? Vide
PostSubject: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:54 pm

Eh, not quite sure whats wrong with some people... I mean you guys know, our dogs are very important to us, and granted not everyone are as crazy about dogs as we are but really some people are plain out rude even within earshot!

So why am I talking about this? Well, this last sunday that we took a trip to the park with Sheetza, and while we took her around for a stroll this lady lets go of her little mini-poodle, of course the dog comes running towards sheetza and while my sister is encouraging Sheetza to stay calm the lady hollers "its ok my dog isn't mean", I could pretty much hear my sister mutter under her breath that sheetza wasn't so nice...

So after the lady left, while still within earshot she said "What an ugly dog" (talking about Sheetza), only she said it in spanish...guess she didn't think we spoke spanish??? Dunno, but it was still rude...

Then there was another lady (some time ago) at Petsmart who's child had noticed Junior and when the kid told her mom to look the mother said "Yes its a big mean doggy"....are you serious Seriously?

LOL, so apparently I own a mean dog and an ugly one! ROFL Just watching

Have you guys ever accidently heard someone say something not nice about your pooch?
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:36 pm

All the time. Parents jerk their kids by the arm to cross to the other side of the street when we're on walks. I've heard people at parks say only an idiot would bring a Rottweiler out to a public place. At Petco a few weeks ago, their trainer told another woman who had an out of control Husky that her dog was only reacting to MY dog, "that Rottweiler over there is the problem". who was sitting calmly and ignoring the other dog, as if it were Grizz-Bang's fault she can't count on her dog to behave. But there are others...neighbors who call and ask if their grandkids can come over to play with the dogs, people who stop and ask about them and then later decide to adopt a Rottie from a shelter, or have me adopt and train one for them.
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Steven_L wrote:
LOL, so apparently I own a mean dog and an ugly one! ROFL

Have you guys ever accidently heard someone say something not nice about your pooch?
Never ... my dogs are sweet and beautiful!!! ROFL jocolor

I had a lady tell me not to walk Chip on her street b/c ALL Dalmatians are dangerous and she didnt want her neighborhood kids getting bit.

Some of you will remember when i told the story about the lady who asked how Chip liked kids and I replied, "Chip LOVES kids, mostly with BBQ sauce but he'll eat them plaiin too!!! ROFL This was the lady!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Ann wrote:
All the time. Parents jerk their kids by the arm to cross to the other side of the street when we're on walks. I've heard people at parks say only an idiot would bring a Rottweiler out to a public place. At Petco a few weeks ago, their trainer told another woman who had an out of control Husky that her dog was only reacting to MY dog, "that Rottweiler over there is the problem". who was sitting calmly and ignoring the other dog, as if it were Grizz-Bang's fault she can't count on her dog to behave. But there are others...neighbors who call and ask if their grandkids can come over to play with the dogs, people who stop and ask about them and then later decide to adopt a Rottie from a shelter, or have me adopt and train one for them.

Ive had ppl give me an evil eye when Im walking Neka too. But no one has ever said any thing That I've heard!!! In your case, I tyhink I would have CALLED OUT the trainer on that one!!!
Back to top Go down
PomPom_Queen27
Junior Member: lv 4
Junior Member: lv 4
PomPom_Queen27

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:39 pm

I've had a few people look down upon my dog because he is a mixed breed. Some people are rude enough to look down upon mixed breeds and say their dog is better because its purebred. It does feel bad not being able to compete in dog shows or trials because of owning a mixed breed but I just enjoy his company. I am sorry, but in my eyes no dog is better then another they are all equal in Gods eyes.

In other forums, I had one lady tell me I "neglect" my dog because at the time we were having a fur problem. Since then she has left that forum...makes me wonder what she'd think now if she saw what a wonderful coat my dog has since then.
Back to top Go down
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:01 am

There are lots of competitions that mixed breed dogs can compete in. Although many of the dogs I have adopted from shelters are likely purebred, they don't come with papers. You can still get obedience titles, compete in agility and several other dog sports. And many purebreds are not show quality. It doesn't mean they're not great dogs...it simply means they're not the best representatives of their particular breed.
Back to top Go down
Samm-ban
Forum Member
Forum Member
Samm-ban

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Some of you will remember when i told the story about the lady who asked how Chip liked kids and I replied, "Chip LOVES kids, mostly with BBQ sauce but he'll eat them plaiin too!!! ROFL This was the lady!!!

OMG..i almost fell off my chair. this is the same sense of humor my dad and sister have too. we all say stuff like that and get the weirdest looks about it. my husband is constantly telling me i am just like my father. LOL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Samm-ban wrote:

OMG..i almost fell off my chair. this is the same sense of humor my dad and sister have too. we all say stuff like that and get the weirdest looks about it. my husband is constantly telling me i am just like my father. LOL ROFL
Oh cool, I can see we are going to get along REALLY well!!! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:55 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
Samm-ban wrote:

Uh-oh...two Michaels? I don't think this forum is ready for that ROFL jocolor jk jk
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:02 pm

Steven_L wrote:
Betterdog4u wrote:
Samm-ban wrote:

OMG..i almost fell off my chair. this is the same sense of humor my dad and sister have too. we all say stuff like that and get the weirdest looks about it. my husband is constantly telling me i am just like my father. LOL

Uh-oh...two Michaels? I don't think this forum is ready for that jocolor jk jk
OH YES, there WILL BE TROUBLE now!!! ROFL cheers
Back to top Go down
Samm-ban
Forum Member
Forum Member
Samm-ban

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:44 am

ROFL ROFL

Over the summer I called my Dad's house and was talking to his wife and she mentioned that they were having her niece and nephew for lunch....

what was my reply you may ask...

ARE YOU ROASTING THEM OR DEEP FRYING THEM?

omg..I thought she might have slugged me if I had been standing right in front of her LOL she said..Ill get your Dad, he will appreciate your sense of humor.

ROFL lol!
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:35 pm

I told a friend of mine: "You know, you have got a face like a saint ... a Saint Bernard that is." ROFL

Last edited by Betterdog4u on Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:36 pm

sorry, double post ... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Samm-ban
Forum Member
Forum Member
Samm-ban

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:40 pm

ROFL
Back to top Go down
PappyMom
Forum Member
Forum Member
PappyMom

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Oh my goodness, I hear things all of the time...

My favorite, by far, is this lady who brought her in season female GSD to the DP. Gizmo was hott on her trail, as well as a couple other males. Gizmo was the only one who 'tried' (he could not reach, and she wasn't having it anyway.) I was flustered, because he never shows any interest in females, (he lives with 2), so I called him over and leashed him..and this lady was so irate that all the dogs were after her dog..and I took a closer look and noticed what we call 'the drip'. I let her know that the sign CLEARLY says no female dogs in heat..and she told me that I should neuter my ugly rat. LOLOL. First off, Gizmo is beautiful..and second off.. if I wanted him neutered, I'd do it.. (We've been talking about it.) But tbh, I believe that you can be a responsible pet owner and own intact dogs.. $100 bucks says this lady will eventually end up with an accidental mutt litter (I mean, come on, why would you ever bring a female in heat to a park where unneutered males are allowed), and I'll never have one. =]

This is just one of MANY. I can't stand people..
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:03 pm

PappyMom wrote:
Oh my goodness, I hear things all of the time...

My favorite, by far, is this lady who brought her in season female GSD to the DP. Gizmo was hott on her trail, as well as a couple other males. Gizmo was the only one who 'tried' (he could not reach, and she wasn't having it anyway.) I was flustered, because he never shows any interest in females, (he lives with 2), so I called him over and leashed him..and this lady was so irate that all the dogs were after her dog..and I took a closer look and noticed what we call 'the drip'. I let her know that the sign CLEARLY says no female dogs in heat..and she told me that I should neuter my ugly rat. LOLOL. First off, Gizmo is beautiful..and second off.. if I wanted him neutered, I'd do it.. (We've been talking about it.) But tbh, I believe that you can be a responsible pet owner and own intact dogs.. $100 bucks says this lady will eventually end up with an accidental mutt litter (I mean, come on, why would you ever bring a female in heat to a park where unneutered males are allowed), and I'll never have one. =]

This is just one of MANY. I can't stand people..

OMG! How can someone call Giz an ugly rat!! Thats horrible! That lady obviously has no taste whatsoever.lol. But wow, that is really dumb of her to do... I'll never get some peopel...
Back to top Go down
PappyMom
Forum Member
Forum Member
PappyMom

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:08 pm

I know, right!?! Gizmo is the cutest freakin' thing ever. Not to mention, he'd be a giant 11 lb rat..lol..
Back to top Go down
lucysnewmum
Academy Guru
Academy Guru

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:40 pm

i can beat the lot of you!!!!
not long after i got lucy we were out for a walk and we ran into this guy with two huskies....well actually we ran into the two huskies a good 15 minutes before the guy came looking for them blowing frantically on his whistle that they were ignoring.

anyway,,,he eventually came over just as one of the huskies had pinned lucy to the ground and was standing over. the other huskie was the other end of her sniffing her private bits.....how rude! thought I! they hadnt even exchanged phone numbers!

i could see the guy coming over and lucy was being totally submissive, who wouldnt be in those circumstances, so i waited and asked him politely to call his dogs off my dog. his reply? oh they are only playing,,,,the white one is protecting the speckled one!!!!!

really?????

eventually after a bit of wrestling with his animals, the huskies were pulled off lucy. i asked why he didnt put them on a lead? he said ........he had left it in the car because nobody had been on the field when he arrived and the dogs needed a run!!!!!!

my response was less than lady like ,and i would get kicked off here if i repeated it, but since that day the guy has now got a double ended lead which he carries in his pocket, the dogs have all got used to each other and will play nicely now, and we all get on fine!

the white husky is still quite a dominant dog,, but is much better at responding to a swift "Oi" when he gets out of line. happy ending to what could have been a disaster.
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:04 pm

Well its a good thing that Lucy is submissive and it didn't turn into a fight...Junior would have never put up with that kind of behavior... don't even want to think of what could have happened!

Good to hear that this ended well!
Back to top Go down
lucysnewmum
Academy Guru
Academy Guru

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:54 pm

she is a good girl.... got lots of fuss for that one!!! she can be boisterous but knows when its not play too !!! tania and i think she would be a great stooge dog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not so nice comments....?   Not so nice comments....? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not so nice comments....?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Miscellaneous Forums :: Rants -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com