K9academy
I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO! K9acad10
K9academy
I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO! K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
lucysnewmum
Academy Guru
Academy Guru

I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO! Vide
PostSubject: I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO!   I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:30 pm

HI GUYS

Sorry its been a while...this may be a long thread so get comfy, relax and here we go!

1. i just passed my final test! am officially GILLY SMITH ADTB GRADUATE! i can now crack on and put the finishing touches to my business which i
hope to launch in September, health permitting. its been hard work but very rewarding and i would recommend the courses to anyone interested in
working with dogs - dog sitters, dog walkers, trainers, behaviourists, kennel assistants, rescuers etc. the information is easy to understand and the
insight it gives you is well worth the course fee.

2. the puppy that Tania fostered is now back home with her family. her biting issues have lessened and she continues to improve on a daily basis. she is happily playing ball and fetch with the children without growling and snapping and all is well. the family report that she is a different dog! way to go Tania!

3. my foster puppy, Stella (pics on K9M cos i cant work out how to do it on here) is doing fantastic. she meets and greets at floor level most of the time. Miss Lucy is an excellent foster mum and is showing Stella the ropes, letting her know what is and isnt acceptable. the two girls get on great and walks with Tania and Faith are full of fun, mischief and laughter. Stella doesnt like to be tethered but i have no choice at the moment as i have recently moved pitch and have no fencing to secure the garden. Hopefully this will be resolved by the weekend.

4. my daughter's operation went well. Stella, Lucy and I thoroughly enjoyed our two weeks away in Brighton. It was lovely to play mum again to my daughter and my grand son. he was initially scared of Stella cos she is so bouncy but i taught him how to be a tree so that she lost interest and by the end of my two weeks he was helping me train her in the garden and playing gently with her so as not to overexcite her. Quite an achievement for an 8 yrs old with learning difficulties! bless him

5. as well as fostering for poundpuppy rescue i am also raising funds. i have adverts all over the local area for donations of saleable goods to take to the carboot sale nearby and the money raised goes to help pay some of the vets fees incurred by the rescue organiser. she works really hard with no government funding and i get a day out in the process of helping her.

6. my son, who came to stay while i was away is going back to his home town next week to secure a flat and hopefully gain custody of his own son. there is a lengthy court case in progress at the moment as they try and decide which of the two parents should have him or if it would be better for him to be adopted. its a horrible situation but my son has done everything the court has asked of him and so, fingers crossed, he may just win the battle to retain his son. the mother has been deemed unfit to be sole carer of him.

7. i am now looking into studying canine behaviour in more depth. i may do a course run by the open college network once i have raised some more funds. my car has decided that it needs some money spending on it to make it run right so further study will have to wait for a while. in the meantime....i think i may just take a rest and enjoy being a mum and foster mum.

i think that brings you all up to speed! if i think of anything else i will let you know!

Michael....i will be emailing you soon with some info i want you to look at....

off to bed with a well earned glass of Rose wine....wooooooohoooooo!!
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO!   I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Congratulations ...

I'll keep an eye out for it!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO!   I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO! Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:18 pm

Wow congrats! It sure seems you've been busy! Glad to hear that your daughter's op went well!

In your bussiness would it be just you and Tania?
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
lucysnewmum
Academy Guru
Academy Guru

PostSubject: Re: I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO!   I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:27 pm

thanks guys....
tania is setting up her own business...pleasant pupz....she will concentrate on agility, heelwork to music, one to one behaviour mods. i will help her in her classes and she will help me in mine....no staff to pay!!! effectively we will have two businesses running side by side, promoting and helping each other. also, when the students progress through the obedience courses that i shall be running they will already be familiar with tania ready for the next stage. we think this will give them consistency in their training.
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO!   I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO! Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:47 pm

lucysnewmum wrote:
thanks guys....
tania is setting up her own business...pleasant pupz....she will concentrate on agility, heelwork to music, one to one behaviour mods. i will help her in her classes and she will help me in mine....no staff to pay!!! effectively we will have two businesses running side by side, promoting and helping each other. also, when the students progress through the obedience courses that i shall be running they will already be familiar with tania ready for the next stage. we think this will give them consistency in their training.

Oh I see, thats definitely a good idea! I'm sure it'll be a great success Cool
Back to top Go down
schnauzkyLVR
Academy Guru
Academy Guru
schnauzkyLVR

PostSubject: Re: I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO!   I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO! Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:49 pm

yay! hooray! Grin congrats! how exciting! job well done!
Back to top Go down
lucysnewmum
Academy Guru
Academy Guru

PostSubject: Re: I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO!   I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO! Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:52 pm

thanks everyone...next step is to find a venue to get the classes up and running...
and i am looking into taking a degree course in canine behaviour and psychology!
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO!   I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:11 pm

lucysnewmum wrote:
thanks everyone...next step is to find a venue to get the classes up and running...
and i am looking into taking a degree course in canine behaviour and psychology!

Thats so cool! Even though we have many colleges here in California, I think only a handful offer anything relating to animals. The local community college offers some behaviorist classes but that doesn't give you a degree Sad
Back to top Go down
lucysnewmum
Academy Guru
Academy Guru

PostSubject: Re: I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO!   I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:47 pm

apparently....Middlesex university over here do an accredited on which you take online at your own pace! sounds good to me....not sure if its available to you guys overseas....dont see why not if its online... and you tailor your degree in stages to suit your needs.

http://www.cidbt.org.uk/
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO!   I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:52 pm

lucysnewmum wrote:
apparently....Middlesex university over here do an accredited on which you take online at your own pace! sounds good to me....not sure if its available to you guys overseas....dont see why not if its online... and you tailor your degree in stages to suit your needs.

http://www.cidbt.org.uk/

Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure what the differences in degree could be... you know some place may count it others may not. Let us know if you are definitely going to take the course, sounds like it would be fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO!   I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I GRADUATED.....WOOO HOOOO!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Miscellaneous Forums :: General Chat -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com