K9academy
Anyone know how to make internet faster? K9acad10
K9academy
Anyone know how to make internet faster? K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone know how to make internet faster?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

Anyone know how to make internet faster? Vide
PostSubject: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 11:05 pm

I am just about ready to strangle the internet connection box!! Latley my internt has been super slow to the point I have to reclick the link 3-4 times just for it to respond. We are suppose to have Verizon high speed internet and it was suppose to be an upgrade from just the regular verizon internet. Honestly, if this is suppose to be faster I wish my mom would get her money back!! Its quite pathetic, I have full internet browser on my cell phone and I have been posting replies to my forums on it because it is 10 times faster then my home internet has been which like I said is very very pathetic! So do any of you know how to make it go faster?

Please no suggestions to call the company...my mom wouldn't allow me to call the company and I cannot tell her about the issues or she will just scream and yell at me that she don't care and to get over it like she did when my father complained about it to her. Is there any way to fix it myself ?
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:37 am

Have you run any Anti-Spyware/Malware software on your system lately?

Spyware, Malware and Adware will greatly slow your system down.

I do this stuff for a living. Free versions CCleaner, Malware-bytes and Spybot are available on sites like Filehippo.com and download.com They are completely safe and work great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:50 pm

I would listen to the expert! ^_^ I'm not sure if this really affects internet speed, but doesn't defragmenting your computer help a bit? I do it every now and then.
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
Have you run any Anti-Spyware/Malware software on your system lately?

Spyware, Malware and Adware will greatly slow your system down.

I do this stuff for a living. Free versions CCleaner, Malware-bytes and Spybot are available on sites like Filehippo.com and download.com They are completely safe and work great.

I have Norton on my computer. I was on a website and it kept popping up every 5 seconds it blocked a virus and I got out of the website and restarted my computer like norton told me to. Is that spyware software? I thought it was...whatever it was cost a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:04 pm

IMHO Norton is a POS ... Thier "Security Suite" does NOT play well with XP or Vista.

I suggest AVG 9 Free but you will need to clean up your system or it wonr let you remove Norton. NO Norton is NOT Spyware software. It is Anti-Virus.

Install the programs I suggested, restart your system in "Safe Mode" and run them both. It SHOULD clean most of it out. If you have a "Trojan" it will take more.

I would be more than happy to clean it out for you if you want to send it to me. Shipping from PA will be two days to me and two days back. It will take me a day to fix it. All you need to send me is shipping money. I wont charge you to fix it.

BTW, are we talking a tower or a laptop here???!!!
Back to top Go down
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:14 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
IMHO Norton is a POS ... Thier "Security Suite" does NOT play well with XP or Vista.

I suggest AVG 9 Free but you will need to clean up your system or it wonr let you remove Norton. NO Norton is NOT Spyware software. It is Anti-Virus.

Install the programs I suggested, restart your system in "Safe Mode" and run them both. It SHOULD clean most of it out. If you have a "Trojan" it will take more.

I would be more than happy to clean it out for you if you want to send it to me. Shipping from PA will be two days to me and two days back. It will take me a day to fix it. All you need to send me is shipping money. I wont charge you to fix it.

BTW, are we talking a tower or a laptop here???!!!

Remove Norton? I paid 100 dollars for it, I don't want to remove it until it runs out. No trojan, norton removed that but do I need to have a spywear software and antri virus both or just one? Sorry I probably sound so stupid but when it comes to computers and stuff only thing I know is the internet lol!

We are talking about a laptop. Speaking of which everytime I restart this laptop and start it up again this error message comes up. I will take a photo and send it here sometime between today and tomorrow. It takes about 5 times restarting for the error to go away. I never had a problem with my laptop until now...I think maybe I did something to it.

After I download this, how do I get it into safe mode? Sorry again for stupid questions...I am not really good with computers lol. Oh btw, I have like over thousands of photos and 100's of videos on here...and 1000 songs...could this be the problem maybe too? I did want to organze my photos is there anyway of making a folder and moving certain photos I want into them? I been trying to figure it out lol. I have XP btw, i dont know if that helps to explain things or not.

Ahhh why do they have to make things so confusing, two programs one virus one spyware....lol make things simple and put it all in one!
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:10 pm

It sounds like you have a trojan in the restore partition and everytime you restart your system IT relaunchs and reinfects your system. I hate to tell you this, but the ONLY way to get rid of it is to scan the HDD out of the computer and then put it back in.

Im sorry you dropped such a buttload of money in Norton, It Really is a POS.

Spyware and Malware software is CRITICAL to keep today's computers clean and running fast. Yes you need AV software AND spyware/Malware removal software on your system. If you are only going to use ONE peice of malware software, (in conjunction with your Norton), I suggest Malware-Bytes. It will clean up almost everything.

I actually use 4 different programs to clean out customer's computers. And they get everything known to man up to the minute. One peice of software I use actually updates up to 5 times per day over the internet.

If you dont feel confident doing this ... dont. Safe mode is nothing to mess with.

1. As your system begins to start, press the F8 key several times untill a black screen comes up.
2. Using the arow keys, choose "Safe Mode with Networking.
3. The system will go to a modified verasion of your desktop after it props you to choose "OK" when it tells you that you are in safe mode.

You can then start the spyware/malware programs and run them. Before you begin running them you need to turn off the "System Restore" and leave it off for one calender date change.
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:22 pm

xXEvilMistressxX wrote:
[ Oh btw, I have like over thousands of photos and 100's of videos on here...and 1000 songs...could this be the problem maybe too? I did want to organze my photos is there anyway of making a folder and moving certain photos I want into them? I been trying to figure it out lol. I have XP btw, i dont know if that helps to explain things or not.

Ahhh why do they have to make things so confusing, two programs one virus one spyware....lol make things simple and put it all in one!
The easiest way is to right click on the desktop and choose "new folder" ... it will create the folder on the desktop.

Click on the folder to open it. Then go to your "My Doc" or "My Music" folder. Drag them around the desktop untill you can see both open folders. Then its just a matter of draging and dropping each file into the new folder.
Back to top Go down
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:37 am

I installed CC cleaner, I wanted to keep my Norton until the subscription ran out, Imo it works well on my computer. It always gets a virus before it effects it, same one was going to attack mine as it crashed my mom's computer totally and her McFee didn't catch it like Norton caught it.

Anyway, Michael THANK you sooooo much. You really helped me so much. My computer is running MUCH faster the CCcleaner caught over 300 spyware!!! I like the website you gave me to download it too, I installed a better Internet Explorer now I no longer am getting that Error message. I added new folder and organized photos and got many files off the desktop that didn't delete they just moved into a folder! It looks so much cleaner now and better! I don't know what I'd do if you wouldn't have helped a clueless computer user like me lol! Thank you!!

Anyone know how to make internet faster? Fixedpc

Heres a photo of the desktop now, so much cleaner, before I couldnt remove any of the icons on the desktop or they would delete, but I did what you said about making folder and moving them and look how clean it is now! So now my next question is, whenever the subscription for Nortion is done, what anti-virus protection should I buy?
Back to top Go down
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:41 am

Oh also on my desktop that stupid Lenovo Care thing...it wont leave the desktop. I click it and open it and nothing opens...I don't get the point of it or what it is suppose to do! Do you have any idea?
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:52 am

xXEvilMistressxX wrote:
So now my next question is, whenever the subscription for Nortion is done, what anti-virus protection should I buy?
Im glad that CCleaner did a good job for you. If you install and run Malware-Bytes you will get rid of even more stuff.

WHen your Norton Subscription runs out, get the FREE version of AVG Anti-Virus. You can get it at FileHippo.com or Download.com

I use the free version on four of my office systems and on one of my laptops. (All XP Pro) I love it, and Ive never had virus issues. I have about 200 service customers and over 80% of them are using AVG Free. 15% are using E-Trust by Computer Associates ($60 per year). The other 5% are split between Norton and McAfee which is actually the same company.

Id also suggest you check with your ISP. They sometimes offer free AV software to thier customers. My ISP offers E-Trust Security Suite for free as long as you stay with them. I have it on my main system and the laptop i use for tuning my race car. It is also a great product.
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:08 am

xXEvilMistressxX wrote:
Oh also on my desktop that stupid Lenovo Care thing...it wont leave the desktop. I click it and open it and nothing opens...I don't get the point of it or what it is suppose to do! Do you have any idea?
I'm not sure why its not starting up when you click on it. scratch You obviously have and IBM laptop! Your IBM laptop comes with this program and Lenovo Care is there to help you keep your system running correctly.

Something has obviously disabled the link. Right click on it and tell me were it's pointed. (Please PM me this info as you dont want ot post it on an open forum.)
Back to top Go down
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:28 pm

I right click it and nothing pops up when I click open. Now what do you mean where its pointed to? You mean properties?
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:00 pm

xXEvilMistressxX wrote:
I right click it and nothing pops up when I click open. Now what do you mean where its pointed to? You mean properties?
Yes, choose "properties and tell me what the address is under "Location"

It should be somting like C:\Documents and Settings\your computer name\programs\IBM\ ???
Back to top Go down
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
xXEvilMistressxX wrote:
Yes, choose "properties and tell me what the address is under "Location"

It should be somting like C:\Documents and Settings\your computer name\programs\IBM\ ???

Oh okay, I should also point out this is the model they had at the store I got it...so the computer name is their store initals and I right click and no matter what I click nothing pops up...Nothing at all. I wait and try again nothing. Anything that has to do with that lenovo care isn't working gahhhhhhh. What is lenovo care suppose to do?
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:53 pm

lenovo care is a program that IBM uses to monitor system hardware and software programs that are factory installed on your computer. It looks at drivers and stuff and is supposed to tell you if and when IBM system software and drivers can be updated or replaced. Technically, you dont HAVE to have it on your system. It is NOT critical software.

It is very possible that a malware program has attacked a dll file within lenovo care and rendered it useless. It is posible for you to go to IBM's website and download a new copy of the sofeware and it will most like work after you do it. To do this you will need to go to the IBM site and go to "support and downloads" then enter the model and serial number off the sticker on the bottom of the laptop. It will then give you a list of software and drivers that are available for your system.

Just download it and install it ...
Back to top Go down
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:08 am

Okay. thank you so much for helping me, you really have made me less stressed and aggrivated with this thing. LOL before I just wanted to murder this computer LOL well I did that before...and was left with no computer for 4 weeks...not doing that again...IBM was a really nice company they fixed my computer issue when it wouldn't charge without costing me a thing! They were so nice and fast about things. If I ever get another laptop I am going to stick with IBM.

Anyway Thanks! You probably saved this computer's life haha....seriously though I am not patient with computers.
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:14 am

xXEvilMistressxX wrote:
Okay. thank you so much for helping me, you really have made me less stressed and aggrivated with this thing. LOL before I just wanted to murder this computer LOL well I did that before...and was left with no computer for 4 weeks...not doing that again...IBM was a really nice company they fixed my computer issue when it wouldn't charge without costing me a thing! They were so nice and fast about things. If I ever get another laptop I am going to stick with IBM.

Anyway Thanks! You probably saved this computer's life haha....seriously though I am not patient with computers.
I'm glad I could help ... Dont ever let it get to you. Its just a computer!!! My offer stands, so if you need someone to look at it, Id be glad to do it for you. And including shipping time, you'll only be without it for about a week!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make internet faster?   Anyone know how to make internet faster? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know how to make internet faster?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Miscellaneous Forums :: General Chat -
Forum free | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com