K9academy
Green Poop?  K9acad10
K9academy
Green Poop?  K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Green Poop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

Green Poop?  Vide
PostSubject: Green Poop?    Green Poop?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:18 am

So my aunt's dog has had green poop all day today. Now my aunt is old she cant afford much so she can only afford vet once a year, so I cannot suggest a vet but the dog does go yearly and is due in August. Anyway, my aunt said it has only been for one day and it was dark green and she saw nothing like that before. She started to freak out about it and I suggested it might be from the dog eating to much grass or dyed product in the food... or it could be a parasite but I highly doubt it is a parasite because if it were then it would be green all the time. I am not sure what it could be, what do you guys think, you know me clueless on animal health!

She also said the dog isn't seeming to be in pain when it poops but the poop is pretty big, bigger then normal. I told her I wouldn't worry and to moniter her dog's poop and if it is green for longer then a few days then i'd try scounging up some money for a vet...but I told her I would ask you guys and see what you thought.
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

Green Poop?  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Green Poop?    Green Poop?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:24 am

A few qusetions.

Has the dog's diet changed recently?
Did the dog eat something out of the normal?
Is the color consistant throughout the stool or is it streaky?
Is the stool normal consistancy? (firm or loose)
Does it smell normal?
Is it dry or slimy?

Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

Green Poop?  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Green Poop?    Green Poop?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:05 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
A few qusetions.

Has the dog's diet changed recently?
Did the dog eat something out of the normal?
Is the color consistant throughout the stool or is it streaky?
Is the stool normal consistancy? (firm or loose)
Does it smell normal?
Is it dry or slimy?

She has gotten into money trouble ever since she got really ill and needed expensive medication and surgery and by law she wasn't allowed to work anymore. She cuts out coupons and gets whatever dog food is on sale, so the dogs diet is always being changed.

She says the dog pooped 2ice that day and it was dark green the whole way but it was inside the poop but it was also runny and the poop smelled worse then normal.

She said the poop was dry but it was wet around the poops.
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

Green Poop?  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Green Poop?    Green Poop?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:27 pm

As you are aware, dogs dont do well with constent change of diet. There are several good lower cost foods available. Tell her she needs to pick a brand and stick with it. It may very well cure the dog's problems !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

Green Poop?  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Green Poop?    Green Poop?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:03 pm

I agree, and if she doesn't change the diet constanty you might be right as well Carrie about the food containing some sort of dye.

While the problem itself seems troubling, the fact that the dog doesn't present any other symptom means its not something thats really hurting the dog. Please let us know what happens.
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

Green Poop?  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Green Poop?    Green Poop?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:43 pm

She said he hasn't presented any further green poop since that day but it still scared her. I suggested sticking to one food brand too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Green Poop?  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Green Poop?    Green Poop?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Poop?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Health -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com