K9academy
I keep changing majors K9acad10
K9academy
I keep changing majors K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I keep changing majors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

I keep changing majors Vide
PostSubject: I keep changing majors   I keep changing majors Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 3:40 am

So I sort of have myself in a delema...I am already signed up for majoring in Early Childhood EDU, to be a teacher. I've always enjoyed being a playing teacher and it was the one game that never got old. I want to make a differance in children's lives and make them want to go to school instead of dreading each day.

Then I get inspired to want to be a pshycatrist and a nurse/family doctor.... Health has always been my strong point the one thing that has been my talent it is like I just always knew about health and I always diagnosed myself and the dr would be amazed and then he would ask me what I should do to cure myself and I would tell him and he would say correct. He wasn't just being nice, I could tell in his face last year that he was impressed I knew what I was talking about when it came to basic health. He told me I should go into nursing and be a family dr but I told him no because I get queezy and freaked out when it comes to needles and blood. I am fearing killing someone because I made a wrong move. Yet if I go into Pshycology and be a pshcytrist I will be just talking and giving advice which I have helped a lady save her marriage and my friend understand a little more about life and being a better person. I think I have what it takes to be a psycatrist and I am helping people and I have learned a lot from my own many many mistakes.

Problem is....I don't know what I want to do. All of them I think I would enjoy with each having there ups and downs. I've tried talking to the counsiler and the college and she was no help what so ever! I have a year of baisc college courses before I cannot change my major right now I am keeping it for teaching but I need to figure out soon if I want to keep it as that or change it to health. Do you guys have any stories of how you found what you wanted to do or any advice on how I figure out what I want to do more?
Back to top Go down
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

PostSubject: Re: I keep changing majors   I keep changing majors Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:22 am

I started out wanting to be a journalist, ended up being a med tech, then at 35 went back to school to be a social worker. Starting in that new career made me realize I wanted to work specifically with people with dementia. As a social worker, I made less than I did as a med tech, but I was much happier. Specializing in dementia has brought my income close to what it was before the career change, but I had already adjusted my lifestyle to the financial change, and found that the money part didn't matter much at all to me, as long as I make enough to pay bills and a little extra.
Back to top Go down
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: Re: I keep changing majors   I keep changing majors Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:09 pm

My Aunt has dementia...rare form of it that comes in younger people.

Should I go for nursing which takes 2 years, well 3 since I am so dumb the community college is putting me in main classes like math and history...but then after I get nursing go on to get teaching and pshycology and find which one I like best?
Back to top Go down
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: Re: I keep changing majors   I keep changing majors Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:21 am

Well I decided since I hate algebra I might as well TRY learning it over summer and see how hard it really is since I kind of just let someone else do my math homework for me...and gave up...only reason I even passed Algebra was because teacher just gave points based on attendance and participation LOL.

So I was lucky enough to find someone who will help me, I think I kind of annoyed him though...hes a member of this site, dogsrme ... I am like you are such a nerd to be helping me on the 4th and he is like, well if it wasn't for starting my new job tomorrow, I would be out partying but I guess algebra is just as fun. So I need you guys to wish me luck. If I can learn this I will try to go for nursing if not maybe I will just stick with teaching...I love both but might as well try now instead of failing a class. If anyone has any algebra tips please let me know! Tonight we just worked on symobls and sets of numbers....remind me again why I got myself into this or should I say remind me again why I decided to grow up and not stay a baby!
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: I keep changing majors   I keep changing majors Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:40 am

xXEvilMistressxX wrote:
I kind of just let someone else do my math homework for me...and gave up...only reason I even passed Algebra was because teacher just gave points based on attendance and participation LOL.
I applaud you for taking the time on your own to learn it!!! Best luck always!!!

RANT WARNING ...
Your teacher screwed you and the rest of the class by do this ... The teacher had something that belonged to you and something that you needed. Then choose not to give it to you. That choice has handicapped you for the rest of your life. You should go back to that teacher and DEMAND that he/she give you that knowlage. After all It belongs to you and your parents have PAID for it!!!

It really upsets me when I hear stuff like this. That teacher should loose thier teaching licence for it!!! Frustrated He/She is CLEARLY not there for the kids. Mad

Example: Lets say you paid a trainer $350 to teach your dog to sit, stay, come, lay down, speak, role over and do 10 tricks. But when you got the dog back all it could do was sit and come.

How would YOU feel? ....... Its the SAME thing!!!

END RANT <------

Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: Re: I keep changing majors   I keep changing majors Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:25 pm

Well this was public online schooling, I don't know if you pay for that or not....maybe thats what tax payers money is for? Well she was a horrible teacher. My mom would sit in my classes and take notes and try helping me but my mom couldn't understand what she was teaching. She was always so fast through lessons and would cut class 10-20 minutes early because she had to go on a "date" or atleast that is what she said she was doing. I was like 15 at the time so I didn't care I liked the easy way out, she knew she was horrible teacher even the guy in class who was the nerd would always raise his hand to correct her, he gave out his email to the class if anyone had questions. My friend Kendra was in same class, she is a good learner shes going to be for a nurse also and she was failing that class and she DONT fail classes. She just made it because of participation and attendance too.

So its a good thing I am getting someone to teach me it from the start. We starting at the VERY beg. since I don't understand things...but I did learn the differance between whole numbers and natural numbers is that whole numbers has 0 in it and natural numbers don't. I probably said that inccorectly but yeah lol. Then I learned what the not equal sign looked like, always wondered what that was =P
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: I keep changing majors   I keep changing majors Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Good luck on your continued education!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: I keep changing majors   I keep changing majors Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Dogsrme is helping you? I haven't heard from him for a while, he seemed to have dissapeared off the internet (deleted his FB and everything)! Well I sure hope that you pick something you like! I was fortunate enough to know what I wanted to do since before finishing highschool. But before then I wanted to be an entomolgist, game designer, and then later an oceanographer.lol. But now I'll stick to vet assitant, dog trainer/behaviorist, and quite possibly web/graphic designer Grin More or less....
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: I keep changing majors   I keep changing majors Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Steven_L wrote:
But now I'll stick to vet assitant, dog trainer/behaviorist, and quite possibly web/graphic designer Grin More or less....
Trust me, the web designer thing isnt a real money maker unless you are into programming. Graphic design (non-web) is good money, but long hours!!!
Back to top Go down
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

PostSubject: Re: I keep changing majors   I keep changing majors Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Because of the concept, the rules, and my learning style there's no way I would have been able to learn algebra online. It seems easy now, but I had a really good 6th grade teacher who helped me to understand it. Remember the story problems from grade school? That was algebra in it's simplest form. I would hire a tutor, especially if you can find one at a local university. Not all that expensive and you may be able to pick it up in just a couple of weeks when having someone explain as you go.
Back to top Go down
xXEvilMistressxX
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: Re: I keep changing majors   I keep changing majors Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:31 pm

I don't have Algebra at all this year of college...its just basic math, english, writing and history. I hate having to take them =(!! I just guess we will have to see if I can learn it or not, there are some things I cannot learn no matter how hard I try, if i learn this I have to learn to not get weak in the stomach at the sight of blood!

Steven, dogsrme is still on facebook...I have him as a friend on my thing. There was some issues though going on with us during the time Daniel and I dated, he hated me being friends with any guys and he kind of headed him off along with my other guy friends that lived in PA. By the time I was able to gain back the friends I lost, it was a little late for others. He don't even want to be my friend but he wants to see me do well in school so he is just helping. He is already in his second year of college, he wants to be an oncologist or something like that I cannot remember exactally what it was.

Well lesson two of algebra today is kind of sad =( It is ingtegers and line graphs...I didn't get it because the problem was with number 72 and the line grap only went to -3 and 5...then got into fractions...and I don't understand anything about fractions either... >.< This is gonna be a lot harder then I expected. TBH, he is a way better teacher then any professional teacher I had in highschool...and he isnt even a teacher LOL...not lol more like thats kind of sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I keep changing majors   I keep changing majors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I keep changing majors

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Miscellaneous Forums :: General Chat -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com