K9academy
How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears? K9acad10
K9academy
How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears? K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
KarlaKoala
Junior Member: lv 4
KarlaKoala

How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears? Vide
PostSubject: How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears?   How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:48 pm

Haha I know what you guys are all probably thinking "who goes around blowing in dogs ears?" Grin Well yesterday my little cousin came over and was playing with Molly while I was putting some things in a box for the junkstore. Well I heard him scream so I turned around and he's all "Molly tried to bite me." I thought he was lying and that he just hurt her which caused her to snap at him, Molly is not a biting dog. So I asked him what he did and he said "I blew on her." So I told him to do it again so I could see what he meant and well she didn't bite but she sort of did like one of those leave me alone looks and sorta snapped at him. So I did it too just for the heck of it and she did it again to me! So yeah I don't know it just seems kinda weird she doesn't have any ear infections or anything and one of my friends says she's heard of dogs that do that. Confused Anybody elses' dog do this? lol yeah I know this is a weird question but I just really want to know.
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears?   How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:20 pm

You should feel EXTREAMLY lucky. Most times this will result in a very bad bite. ANd its not the dog's fault. A dogs ears are sensitive and i dont know of ANY dogs that like someone blowing in thier ears.

Small children should never be left alone with a dog ... this is a perfect example of why! scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears?   How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:38 pm

Their inner ear is filled with many touch-sensitive hairs so when you blow in them it probably doesn't feel too good for them.

I do agree that little kids shouldn't be left alone with dogs though, even if a dog has never had a bite incident before, I'm sure you'd agree that its best leave it that way so better take precautions.

On the other hand, this serves you a good purpose. You know that your pooch doesn't like to blown on, so make sure to warn others about that. Remember, always be an advocate for your dog. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
KarlaKoala
KarlaKoala

PostSubject: Re: How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears?   How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:01 pm

Steven_L wrote:
Their inner ear is filled with many touch-sensitive hairs so when you blow in them it probably doesn't feel too good for them.

D

Wow that's interesting I didn't know that. Yeah, next time I won't leave her around him, thanks I'll be sure to tell people she doesn't like to be blown on ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears?   How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:40 pm

KarlaKoala wrote:
Steven_L wrote:

D

Wow that's interesting I didn't know that. Yeah, next time I won't leave her around him, thanks I'll be sure to tell people she doesn't like to be blown on ahead of time.

Yup, the touch sensitive hairs are there so that nothing gets in their ears, whether it be large dirt debris, bugs or weeds. I notice that when I barely run the tip on my finger over the fur on Junior's ears, he shakes his head. Its more or less the same reaction, but in your case your pooch knows someone is doing it to annoy her. So its good to keep in mind.
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears?   How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How come dogs dont like it when you blow in their ears?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Training and Behavior -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com