K9academy
My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half K9acad10
K9academy
My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
maxxonl
Junior Member: lv 4

My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half Vide
PostSubject: My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half   My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:37 pm

My 6 month old has been clean for a month and a half. She got spayed almost a month ago. Today she had an accident and she had just gone outside to pee an hour earlier so I wasn't expecting her to need to go. I know they say sometimes it has to do with spaying but it has been okay until now. I cleaned it well-ceramic floor -with Nature's Miracle. Should I be worried? I thought I was through with this. She had a UTI in the past and since then I've been giving her ground up cranberry pills in her food so she wouldn't get it again. Should I go back to putting her in the crate more often since I am now leaving her out unless we go out and also overnight.
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half   My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 2:19 pm

I dont think you need to panic yet. Accidents happen. Maybe you can just need to take her out a few extra times a day for awhile. If it continues to happen over the next few days Id have her checked for the UTI again. More so if she is cleaning herself after "going".

FYI, My vet told me that after spaying, some females have issues with leakage. Patchs has a little when she gets real excited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

PostSubject: Re: My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half   My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:07 am

Are you sure she peed an hour earlier?
Puppies get distracted by so many things....moths in the grass, airplanes flying...lol
maybe she forgot what she was doing. still she should have let you know when she needed out. How does she communicate that to you?
I have a bell on my door. Rotties would eventually tear up a door, I'd suppose, so I didn't want them scratching at it.
Back to top Go down
maxxonl

PostSubject: Re: My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half   My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:01 pm

You are both right. Sometimes when I take her out to pee, I think she goes through the motions to please me because she know what I am expecting. She may not have peed. She has been accident-free since then and I have been taking her out more often. Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half   My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:09 am

Glad to hear that its back to normal. Just keep an eye on her to make sure the ground under her is wet ... and then give her LOTS of praise when it is!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half   My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:07 pm

I too was thinking something along the lines that perhaps she didn't really finish doing her business. Hope you don't have any future problems!
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
AnnSmith
Junior Member: lv 5
Junior Member: lv 5
AnnSmith

PostSubject: Re: My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half   My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:41 am

A great way to prevent UTI is to drink a lot of water. This will keep the urethra clean from the virus that causes UTI.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half   My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 6 month old puppy had an accident after over a month and a half

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Training and Behavior -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com