K9academy
Itching and Shedding K9acad10
K9academy
Itching and Shedding K9acad10
K9academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Itching and Shedding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

Itching and Shedding Vide
PostSubject: Itching and Shedding   Itching and Shedding Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:16 pm

A quick question you guys. Right now I've got a very flustered Chow at home thats blowing his coat and at the same time somewhat itchy. Now I've noticed that theres a correlation between the two....could it be that dogs that are starting to shed because increasingly itchy? Does this happen with your guy's dogs?

Anyway, It could be that my original theory about Jr having allergies is correct...the itchyness didn't start till a couple days ago.

Well when I get home gotta bath good ole Junior!
Back to top Go down
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Betterdog4u
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: Itching and Shedding   Itching and Shedding Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:42 pm

Poor ole Junior!!! I hope he finds comfort soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: Itching and Shedding   Itching and Shedding Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 1:26 pm

Aw man, its gotten much worse....I have a feelings its fleas.... well I'll know soon, in the mean time I'll treat it with a little bit of garlic, constant bathing and vaccuming.

Wouldn't have this problem if it weren't for the darn rabbits!
Back to top Go down
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
Ann

PostSubject: Re: Itching and Shedding   Itching and Shedding Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:25 pm

We have about 70 feral cats roaming our neighborhood and spreading fleas. I never have a problem with the dogs getting them but use Revolution year round with great results.

Yes they can get pretty itchy just with shedding. I put a couple of tablespoons of salmon oil in their food twice a week. If a dog has fish allergies, (and I've actually heard of a couple that do), sunflower oil does almost as well.
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: Itching and Shedding   Itching and Shedding Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:14 pm

Ann wrote:
We have about 70 feral cats roaming our neighborhood and spreading fleas. I never have a problem with the dogs getting them but use Revolution year round with great results.

Yes they can get pretty itchy just with shedding. I put a couple of tablespoons of salmon oil in their food twice a week. If a dog has fish allergies, (and I've actually heard of a couple that do), sunflower oil does almost as well.

I actually had salmon oil which I was giving to Jr and kept it in the fridge....but recently our fridge stopped working and a lot of stuff went bad Frustrated Including the fish oil I think...

Well I combed him yesterday...and he is SERIOUSLY blowing his coat. I wouldn't have noticed it so much if I were only using a slicker but I was also using a 2-sized toothed comb for double coated dogs and it took out bunches of fur. I would comb and comb and it didn't seem to stop coming out.lol. I thought I'd be able to wake up today without fur of the floor....but I was wrong ROFL

I think that if I want to get it all off of him I'm going to have to sit with him for a few hours Help!

PS. Didn't note any fleas when I was combing the winter coat out so YAY!
Back to top Go down
AnnSmith
Junior Member: lv 5
Junior Member: lv 5
AnnSmith

PostSubject: Re: Itching and Shedding   Itching and Shedding Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:24 am

You may try oatmeal soap. This soap will surely relieve the dog from itchiness. You can buy this soap on local pet stores or supermarkets.
Back to top Go down
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
Steven_L

PostSubject: Re: Itching and Shedding   Itching and Shedding Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:38 pm

AnnSmith wrote:
You may try oatmeal soap. This soap will surely relieve the dog from itchiness. You can buy this soap on local pet stores or supermarkets.

My favorite shampoo to use Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Itching and Shedding   Itching and Shedding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Itching and Shedding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Grooming -